Historic Camp Oak Hill Brochures
When Ms. Margaret V. Richardson sold “Camp Oak Hill for Girls” in 1988, she graciously donated all of the original brochures, photos and other camp memorabilia in her possession to the new nonprofit owner, Camp Oak Hill, Inc. These 23 brochures span the years 1948-1971 (the 1967 brochure is missing). They are shared here to document, honor, and recognize the historic achievement of Mrs. Irene S. Walker and Ms. Richardson, co-founders of the first Black female owned summer camp for girls in the U.S.
Select a year and learn more about the historic legacy of Camp Oak Hill for Girls.