How to donate by text message –
Follow these steps to make a donation by sending a text message from your phone. This example of donating by text messaging uses $25, but you may donate any amount you choose ($10 minimum).
1. Send a text to (717) 900-5584 with a message of GIVE2COH followed by the amount you wish to give. For example, GIVE2COH 25 would indicate you want to donate $25 to Camp Oak Hill ($10 minimum).*
2. You will then be asked: “Give $25 to General Fund? Enter Yes or No (Y or N also work). If we have other fundraising campaigns, those options will be listed for you to choose by number.
3. You will then be asked: “Would you like this gift to be recurring? Enter yes or no (Y or N also work).
If you answer No or N, see number 3 below. If you answer Yes or Y, you will be asked:
“How often? Please enter a number:
- Every two weeks
- 1st and 15th
- I changed my mind. Just make this a one-time gift.”
4. For your first donation ONLY, you will be prompted to click on a link to complete the ONE-TIME registration of your payment information for this and all future gifts.
You only need to register your account one time!
The next time you’re ready to give, just repeat number 1 above for any amount. Your card will be deducted automatically and you will receive a receipt via text message.
If you ever need to change your payment information, just text the word UPDATE to the same number, 717-900-5584.
- Note: If you can’t access the Internet on your phone, you can complete the ONE-TIME registration by clicking here.
5. After each donation, you will receive a confirmation message letting you know that your transaction is complete. Simple as that!